A Rolf practitioner’s expertise includes the ability to provide movement education that helps clients sustain the results of the manual therapy. This workshop is designed for Structural Integration practitioners to gain body-reading confidence, skill in verbal and tactile cuing, and success in facilitating body awareness and in creating practical movement solutions for clients. Topics include:
- Experiential understanding of foundational movement theory.
- Review the goals of Sessions 1-3.
- Practical movement interventions that support those goals, both client-active table work and movement awareness for home practice.
- Sensory-based language and imagery to help clients ramp up their interoception and proprioception.
- A repertoire of sensorimotor interventions that can be tailored to clients’ needs and motivations as well as support the goals of SI.